PSA: STAY INDOORS
There is nothing worse than waking up with big plans for outdoor activities only to discover that it’s cold, rainy and even worse… snowing outside. (shout out to #Jonas)
The weather might not be cooperating (especially on the weekends!), but that doesn’t mean you can’t still have fun!
We’ve rounded up some of the best indoor activities in NYC that can bring major fun even on the gloomiest day…
Here are some of our favorite cures for cabin fever….
As Elle Woods so wisely put it, “Exercising gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.” Get your heart rate up and fun flowing at these out of the box sporty spots in NYC.
1. Pop over to Brooklyn Boulders to get work those biceps and get a taste of the world of rock climbing.
2. Join the circus for the day at NYC Trapeze School. Bring your own clown nose (BYOCN)….
3. Shuffleboard isn’t only for your great aunt Edna in Boca anymore. Shuffle on over to Royal Palms in Brooklyn for a grand old time.
4. With everything from bowling and a driving range to gymnastics and batting cages, Chelsea Piers is the perfect place for dreary day activities.
Impress your friends with some sophisticated artsy fun at these cultural NYC spots.
1. Get in touch with your inner art connoisseur at one of NYC’s many museums and art galleries. We love the Otto Piene exhibit currently featured at the Sperone Westwater Gallery.
2. Walk in the footsteps of comedy legends by catching a performance of the Upright Citizens Brigade. Simultaneously being cultured and thoroughly entertained.
3. It’s awards season, and that means it’s the perfect time to see some mind-blowing artsy films. We love Sunshine Cinema on Houston for the real indie film feel.
4. Channel your inner Monet… or Pollock at one of Paint Nite’s wine and painting events. We mentioned there’s WINE right?!?
For us at by CHLOE., blustery weather means comfort foods and drinks. Get some delicious food and drink and learn a little something too at these gastronomic haunts.
1. Take a tour of Brooklyn Brewery to learn about brewing, and even better, sample the faire.
2. Work for your food in one of the Institute of Culinary Education’s vegan culinary class offerings.
3. Discover delicious foods and new kitchen tools at Chelsea Market’s many purveyors, shops, and restaurants. We can easily spend hours in this foodie heaven.
4. Host a vegan wine + cheese tasting with the help of Riverdel’s wide array of gourmet vegan cheese.