Packing up for the California desert? Instead of your annual basic pilgrimage to Coachella, make it a badass, vegantastic, CHLOACHELLA weekend in Palm Springs! (ya we went there!)
We’ve got your guide to planning the best weekend of desert fun!
Once you’ve planted your two feet in sunny Palm Springs, it’s time to nail down your digs for the weekend! Don’t worry, there’s plenty of ways to officially do the damn thing; it’s all up to you!
1. Camp – After channeling your inner outdoorsy goddess, cruise into the campgrounds at Coachella and pitch your tent (it’s not that hard!).
The polo grounds are the most popular and affordable way to catch some zzzs during the festival, plus it’s crawling with community spirit! #vibez
2. Glamp – At Coachella, it’s totally cool to treat yoself. The fest organizers have provided some **luxe liiiife** accommodations just for you!
The vibrant (and Instagramable) tents at Lake Eldorado feature enough space for four campers, cots, sleeping bags, pillows, a cooler, and chairs to kick back on. Opting for a sweet stay at Lake Eldorado also scores you 24-hour concierge services, exclusive group hang areas, amped up restrooms, and more!
The Safari Tents provide a true VIP stay for Coachella-goers looking for all the comforts of home, if not more! A stay in these air-conditioned (YAS) tents also includes fully-made beds, concierge services, private restrooms and showers, golf cart shuttles to and from the stages, breakfast and late night snacks, AND Safari Guest Passes, which get you BACKSTAGE!
3. Hotel – A lot of festival goers opt to stay off-site at nearby hotels and shuttle/walk in to the grounds each day. Here are a couple nearby spots we’re loving! Parker Palm Springs, Indian Palms Country Club and Resort, The Monkey Tree Hotel, Alcazar Palm Springs.
4. AirBNB – Our fav way to stay whenever we travel is AirBNB. You can find super chic places for way cheaper than a hotel AND they can often be in a better location. Check out these rentals still available for Coachella!
We always recommend bringing your fave reusable water bottle or canteen to stay hydrated, plus some snacks to keep in your back pocket, but you know you’ll want to chow down after standing in the desert for a few hours!
There will be plenty of vegan-friendly vendors spread throughout the campgrounds, but you’ll find us grabbing fresh coconuts to sip from at the California Certified Farmer’s Market!
Check out Eater’s overview of the Coachella Food Lineup. We’re psyched for vegan doughnuts from Donut Farm, Top Chef’s Ilan Hall’s Ramen Hood, and LA-favorite, Sage Vegan.
ACTIVITIES + AMENITIES
Yeah, you’re here for the music, but there’s no stopping you from packing your schedule with tons of activities the festival provides!
Hey, when at Coachella…We’ll be hitting up:
1. Beauty Bar + Barber Shop – Mane-tain your locks and stay fresh af all fest long with FREE services, from blowouts to haircuts!
2. Corn Hole Tourney – Take on your tent mate and make it a corn hole tournament.
3. Ferris Wheel* – Get a sky-high view of the beautiful festival grounds! *cash only
4. Limbo – How low can you go? This limbo contest is for the most flexible of festies!
5. Yoga/Pilates – Center yourself each day before the shows begin with free yoga and pilates classes. Om…
We’ll be dishing out a whole playlist of our top picks of can’t-miss shows and artists for your Coachella weekend, but all three headliners’ night sets are bound to be a helluva party.
Get weird on Friday night with LCD Soundsystem, rock out on Saturday with the historic, epic Guns N’ Roses, and close out your fest experience Sunday night with the electrifying Calvin Harris (say hey to Tay Tay for us, Cal).
Check out our style guide to all things by CHLOE. approved here!
Happy CHLOACHELLA 2016, fam! Don’t forget to tag #bychefchloe in all your Cali-kissed photos!